Reduce Hunger – Increase Wellness – Decrease Frontline Demand
When the COVID-19 outbreak hit, the need for staffing disappeared overnight. Rather than close the kitchens, the Snopkowskis decided to transform the training kitchen in Providence into a production kitchen. We were able to team up with the City of Providence to make things happen, and believe it or not, we were able to make the transformation in under 48 hours and started cooking just days later! Below are some of the organizations that we have worked with in the last couple of months to make things happen:
- Salvation Army, we were able to provide 80 cold lunches each day we were requested.
- City of Providence Healthy Communities Office, we are providing 600 family cooked meals per day, 5 days a week!
- For our employees, when normal business was halted, we were quick to pivot our services and priorities. We immediately (within 24 hours) started providing grocery packages to our employees to help get them through the first couple of weeks, when the immediate future was unknown.
By teaming up with local community organizations and generous donors, we are able to provide daily meals and include fresh local produce and ingredients from companies across Rhode Island.We hope to emulate this program in our other offices to make a lasting impact during these challenging times. How can you help?
- Click the donate button and help us continue to fund this amazing initiative (right now we are still paying out of pocket and can only continue with the help of our amazing community).
- Donations can also come in the form of provisions! Do you work for a company that can offer us protein, produce, dairy or fresh bread? If so, please email or call us and we will get right back to you to coordinate pickup!
- Curious about how much food we go through in one week with our healthy family meals? See below:
- 750 lbs of protein per week
- 1,050 lbs of veggie’s per week
- 1,500 lbs of fruit per week
By teaming up with local community organizations and generous donors, the Snapchef Foundation is able to help provide 600 meals a day to the residents of Providence in need. The meals are prepared daily and include fresh local produce and ingredients from companies across Rhode Island.